- "Impact of Foreclosure Laws on Mortgage Loan Supply and Performance" with Tien Foo Sing and Yonglin Wang, R&R at Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics.
- "The Impact of Climate Change Skepticism on Adaption in a Market Economy" with Matthew E. Kahn
- "The More Climate Skeptics There Are, the Fewer Climate Entrepreneurs", Harvard Business Review, March 16 2017
- "The Selection and Quantile Treatment Effects on the Economic Returns of Green Buildings" with Wen-Chi Liao
- "Migrant Workers and Cities in China"
- "Housing, Wealth Composition and Expected Stock Return" with Tien Foo Sing
- "China’s Political Cycle and China Buyers in Singapore Property Market" with Leiju Qiu
- "Does Good News Cover Bad News?" with Qingbin Meng, Junhua Yang and Yongqiang Chu
- "Air Pollution, Economic Spillovers and Urban Growth in China" with Tien Foo Sing, Annals of Regional Science, 2017, 58(2), 321-340.
- "Corporate Real Estate Ownership and Productivity Uncertainty" with Tien Foo Sing, Real Estate Economics, 2016, 44(2), 521–547.
- "Water Pollution Progress at Borders: The Role of Changes in China’s Political Promotion Incentives" with Matthew E. Kahn, and Pei Li, American Economic Journal: Economic Policy, 2015, 7(4): 223-42.
- "Pollution Control Effort at China’s River Borders: When Does Free Riding Cease?", early NBER working paper version
- "Why does water pollution get worse at political boundaries? Rethinking incentives for local politicians in China", Research Highlight by AEA December 14, 2015.
- "Foreign Liquidity to Real Estate Market:Ripple Effect and Housing Price Dynamics" with Wen-Chi Liao, Li Ping Lim, and Grace Khei Mie Wong, Urban Studies, 2015, 52(January), 138-158.
- "Property Price Upsurge in Singapore’s Mass Market – How the Role of Foreign Capital Affects You", Research Highlight by NUS Real Estate News 2015(1)
- "Risk Attitude and Housing Wealth Effect" with Wen-Chi Liao, Tien Foo Sing, Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, 2014, 48(3), 467-491.
- "Entropy Based Modelling for Estimating Demographic Trends" with Guoqi Li, Yi Xu, Shyh-Hao Kuo, Hai-Yan Xu, Nan Hu, Erika Fille T. Legara and Christopher Monterola, PLoS ONE 2015, 10(9): e0137324. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0137324.
- “Generalized Cross Entropy Method for Estimating Joint Distribution from Incomplete Information” with Hai-Yan Xu, Shyh-Hao Kuo, Guoqi Li, Erika Fille T. Legara and Christopher Monterola, Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, 2016, 453(July), 162–172.